Presented by Joely Pritzker, RN, MS, FNP-C, this online course was designed for clinicians who will be participating in the NCTCFP’s face-to-face LARC IUC Placement Training. Completion of this course is mandatory prior to participation in the face-to-face training. This online course will review the different IUCs currently on the market, the use of a tenaculum and uterine sound, hand skills, and the U.S. Medical Eligibility Criteria (MEC).
By the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify reasons for use of a tenaculum during IUC placement;
- Explain the tension between patient’s request for IUC removal and provider response to these requests.
- Describe correct use of uterine sound during IUC placement;
- Demonstrate correct hand skills for placement of the copper IUC and the levonorgestrel IUCs;
- Explain the differences between the 5 IUCs currently on the market in the U.S.; and
- Summarize the U.S. MEC category 3 and 4 recommendations regarding levonorgestrel and copper IUCs.
Note: Enrollment in this course is allowed by prior arrangement only. Participation in the course requires completion of an Enrollment Key Confirmation activity. Enrollment keys are sent by email when participants register for the face-to-face LARC IUC Training. For more information about the face-to-face training or to register, please visit the training registration page.
Supported by the Department of Health & Human Services/Office of Population Affairs/Office of Family Planning Grant #5 FPTPA006067-01-00.
1.5 Hour Continuing Education Available